Thursday, February 19, 2009

I feel like a bad mommy

I am no the parent I want to be. I am not even a good parent, it feels. I don't *think* that I am a bad parent, but I don't know what else to say. No, I have not EVER struck one of the children. Although, there have been times I have thought about it.
I am not getting up as early as I should. On the other hand, I do always make sure our oldest is up, dressed, and ready to go to school on time for the bus. Then I get back in bed and pass out.
I feel unmotivated, tired, and lazy.
Our house is not nice and tidy all the time, I don't do laundry everyday, or even every other, and the girls have not been getting baths every day.
I just don't feel that I am *good* at this.
I know an outsider would say that I appear to be depressed. The thing is, I have experienced depression... deep dark, bad depression. And this is not like it.
I feel like I am at my wit's end.
This is not what I signed up for. I wanted to take littlies... birth to one or even 18 months. I got roped into birth to three (as in, exactly, 0-36 months), an already defiant age, and ended up with a three year old and a six year old.
I don't know what to do with them or for them.
We aren't *hurting* for money, but it's not falling from our butts either... all I can think to do is spend money on them; the bounce house, the zoo, the museum, the movies... it adds up.

I am feeling bad because I find myself being more gruff and less positive than I was at first, than I want to be. I pick them up with a little more force than is maybe nessessary, but never in a way that will hurt them. I don't read to them, or sing to them, or spend as much time comforting them as I used to. I find myself thinking, if I didn't have kids I could *do this* right now... WHY do they HAVE to make such a huge mess all. the. time.???... I just wish they would BE QUIET... etc.

I have never been a social person, and having kids is a constant social experience. I don't know what to do with that...

I haven't been cooking dinner, instead keeping us out late and eating fast food, with the healthiest options available, but still, fast food...

The girls have not been going to bed on time.

It breaks my heart when they come up to me and say "I love you T"...


I wish I knew how to make things better, but I'm running out of ideas.

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!