Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Are YOU Paying Attention?

Because none of us are. None. Although, some more than others.
Met with CPS worker yesterday, she thought the second school meeting was today, at 7:45 AM. That's in the morning, people, with a three year old who doesn't go to sleep until the only alternative is death! A caseworker and a GAL. Mommies must look... I don't know, human or something... at least un-dead. Did I mention the three year old? She has to be clean and dressed too.
Ten minutes after the six year old and MommyT are usually out of bed.
I hate these people.
The CPS worker actually hates them more!
Today though, I think the GAL probably hates them more than all of us combined.
yesterday, CPS Worker and mommies decided that if the meeting was today, it would be a school employee only meeting. The GAL, however, showed up at 7:40... AM... While I'm sure he was wearing a suit and noose tie, I was wearing my oldest pj's and brushing my seven(!) year old's hair while she threw a fit.
I even called the school, for the second time telling them (on voicemail, the GAL was probably checking in at the time) the we wouldn't be there, and if the appt was scheduled for tomorrow, we'd have to reschedule because of court for the GAL and CPS Worker.

I called the school again around three, oh hi... the school social worker wants to talk to you! Can I send you over there? ah, crap, what the hell does that moron want now???? OK! Go ahead!
"OH-HI so the girl's lawyer showed up this morning and I didn't have anything written down and I do have a note to call the parents and schedule for mid to late April this week! Didn't think we scheduled anything for after spring break, we were just going to plan after spring break I'm really sorry about the confusion, it's not uncommon for me to forget to write things down, things get written down wrong here all the time." Oh, so you admit you're useless and don't take care to pay attention to what's gong on. You can't even pay attention durring a safety meeting? Give me a fucking break! And you actually expect us to leave our chldren in your care??? Well, accidents happen, we had different things written down, the county had today, we had tomorrow... We'll just have to reschedule.
Here's the catch, tomorrow is my birthday. I can see us talking about having it tomorrow and ending up with today instead, but MommyM and I both remember me saying 'oh great, a meeting... before 8 AM... happy birthday to me....' and I scheduled it in my phone. Unfortunately, I had to send that phone back to the phone company two weeks ago because it's broken, I didn't copy anything over because I thought it was all saved on my sim card... I was wrong about that too.

Is anyone paying attention???

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!