Thursday, February 17, 2011

The bus full of teens

So, I'm driving down the mountain road, still thirty miles from the nearest city and a yucky sound starts that's probably something like the cross between dragging a boulder, a trash bag, a body, and a random car part ("yucky scraping sound"). I don't recall hitting anything, but I'm not having a good day already and last week, MommyM's brother did spin into a ditch and muck up the bumper, so maybe it's falling off..... CRAP. sigh. We pull off at the next road.
I open the door, stand up, and am immediately knocked in the temple with the door hard enough to make my eyes cross.
SHIT!
Of course a bus full of kids pulls in behind to make a drop. We're in the way.
OK.
sigh.
Of course. Today already sucks, why not add one more little complication?
quick fix...
THINK.
Maybe...
Duct tape?
I walk over to the bus "Hi. I'm in your way. I know. I'm sorry. I'll move, but... is there any weird chance you might have some duct tape?"
No, they don't carry duct tape on the busses (anymore, I remember the duct taped seats in jr. high)
From the back of the a male voice proudly proclaims bus I-doooo!
I giggle and raise a pleading eyebrow at the driver, who shrugs.
A few seconds later, a roll of grey tape appears over the guard rail.
I accept it, thank the air, tear off two long strips, and hold the roll back up in the direction from which it appeared.
A hand appears and accepts the tape. I thank the hand again.
I giggle again and run move my car.
The bus pulls out, I tape the bumper back into some semblance of where it goes, slam the hood down hoping that the pressure will help with the securing, and get in.
We pull out and hope.
Un-freaking-believable.
The sounds stopped.

They never started back up. Some how, that tape managed to last us all day.

Go figure.

A teenager saves the day and brought a little light and humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!