Monday, July 15, 2013

A beautiful little girl

who has been off psych meds for a few years now, is having a time of it.
Life around here is... Difficult.
Intunive is definitely NOT WORKING. We are trying really hard to get an appointment with the psychiatrist who might know what to put her on. One who does not talk about her as a lab rat and bring in college students who gawk and TOUCH HER while asking embarrassing questions about -and in front of- her. One who does NOT point out every difference in her sweet little face as compared to a "normal" (ahem kiss my what?!?) child who doesn't have the plethora of "issues" (I may have to kill you) she does. One who is also not the family PCP (whom we love). One, though, who is familiar with kids with Sunshine's history and challenges and how to help them live in a normal family and not a hospital.
She is making our lives challenging hell interesting.
the other is dealing fairly well. She seems to see that most of what comes out of sister's mouth is just her spewing the hurt she feels. I'm wondering if this resiliency is partly due to her time living in a group home. I guess they had some pretty challenging kiddos while she was there. Also, I'm sure it helps that we all spent hours helping prep her room first yesterday for the upcoming treatments the house will be getting.
Sigh.
Wish us luck.

1 comment:

  1. I can't read it! Sorry! The combo of the small text and the color. I'm so old...42. UGH.

    ReplyDelete

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!