Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The wish lists

Here is where people probably expect some fancy-shmancy post about wishing for world peace, first parents, happy kids, no abuse, a break, hugs, and lots of money. Or at least Disney World. There's your mention of some worthwhile things.

I had the girls make happy books this year. I always intend to do it but have the follow through of... well, something that has really bad follow through. Anyhow, I always forget until I go shopping for the presents. Luckily, we tried to do just that today, more than a month before gift-giving time. The result? I got the catalogs and computer paper and actually STARTED THE WISH BOOKS tonight!!!!

There's a TON of things needed to do this:

-Catalogs (preferably X-Mas catalogs bse they have more stuff in them) from the stores you intend to shop at.  --(my Nana only gave us one catalog when I was young but it had pretty much everything in it: "The Sears Wish Book" they don't do that anymore so we make do with what we can)
--one copy of each for every WishBook. Trust me.
-Blank computer paper:
-Tape or glue (sticks is my preference)
-a pen
-scissors


To make books:
Stack together as many as you want to deal with, fold in half, staple along fold to make a book

Write the Kiddo's name on their book

Give kiddos their copies of catalogs and glue/tape with instructions to cut out what they hope to get for (x-mas/etc), stick them to the pages of the book, and write any specifics (color, character, etc) by the image.


They may even forget to hate each other and/or bicker for a minute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!