Monday, January 27, 2014

Where do we go from here?

So, Sunshine has been having an issue at school for a few weeks that we have just been made aware of. A big issue that we don't know exactly how to handle...
Aprently she's been being a little predatory.
The teacher sent an email saying that sunshine has been calling kids her boy/girl-friend and making them uncomfortable. Then earlier this week (and at other times but this is the first we've heard) she was filming a child, to directly quote "During indoor recess, Sunshine video taped (on the ipad) a girl in class from behind.  In the video, you can hear her say how pretty this girl is and how she is especially pretty "down there" pointing the camera to the girl's bottom."
The teacher said that this is now the first time that they've had this problem and asked us to talk to her... After how many issues? How long have they had this issue and we've been kept in the dark? I mean, I COURSE we talked to her, but... how many opportunities to address this have there been and WHY is this happening? She never away from us except for school or her counselor's office.
Is she remembering something that has happened before us of is there something going on now that she hasn't told anyone about?
I'm not going to lie, I'm kinda freaking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!