Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Big what-the-hell-happened-to-our-kid?!?!?!?!

I think I'm being tested. i don't think they believe that MommyM is really comming back soon and I think they are trying to see if they can make me leave too??? Ok, so, I'm being melodramatic and whiney. But really now, whoa, Big1 got home from chool and started running in front of me and Lil1, not just a little bit, I could barely stop her at the street. Then, she refused to cross the street with us, finally I got her to come over and as she started to dart away I grabbed the sleeve of her coat. so she pulled one arm out. As she startd to pull free from the sleeve I was holding I twisted my wrist and raised my arm, successfully locking the sleeve above her elbow. I even used my calm mommy voice to explain that it's not safe to run in the street and we need to stay close together. She ROLLED HER EYES AT ME. I'm suddenly understanding HOW there were complaints about the two of them frolicking in the street around traffic. It has something to do with her being born without any damned common sense!
We got inside and she threw her bag and coat down and started pulling out toys. Her little sister wanted to play with some of the 88 dinos/zoo animals I bought them TO SHARE and she told her no. I reminded her that those were to share and there were plenty there for her sister to have some too.
So she gave her two and told her to go away. I rolled my eyes from the kitchen and finished setting up snack.
after she had EVERY LAST LITTLE PLASTIC TOYS SHE COULD FIND strewn across the living room floor, she lost interest and pulled out the doll house and all of its peices. She threw those around. She then made a big dinosaur eat a little dinosaur. Her expression was so ANGRY...
I took a deep breath, reminded myself she was working something off, and offered snack. SHe kicked a few things out of the way on the way to the table, where she bossed her poor sister to death.
She finished snack. She may or may not have found Gabby, the cat. In either case, she claimed to and was talking to him, in a high pitched coo. (nothing meaningful, just a good boy and his name and you like being pet, etc.) Lil1 came over to see him too and Big1 screached at her and blocked every attempt at letting her near. Finally it was bad enought that I made both of them get off the couch.
Lil1 starting bringing me small toys in ziplock snack bags, in a plastic bucket, and saying "happy birthday!" while watching me "unwrap" them (and pocket the plastic baggies), she had fun, even if her sister had refused to play with her AGAIN.
Big one started the Dino's Stomping on the top of the dollhouse as I started making dinner.
Dinner was ok. Both girls ate semi-happily, but Big1 HATES to practice spelling with me. I don't know why, I try to be as silly as possible... She just get's frustrated and stops everything. Maybe MommyM can shoot me some of her tricks. Or what she does to get her to study. I thought that if we jsut kept it relaxed and did a few words over dinner and lots of praise for every correct word and just a simple oops if she was wrong.
After dinner, Big1 was more cooperative, picking up some of the mess she made, enough to have some to play with in the tub.
So I made her bath a little warmer than usual and let her splash around for a half-hour. I let her decide when to get out. I brought her her favorite PJ's and a towel and told her to have fun.
After bath she got dressed and even picked up the toys she had been ravaging playing with
She got out and then started up again, I offered snack and she demanded anything except what I was offering, finally I gave her the cheese I origionally offered and told her this or nothing. She ate it. Then she yelled at Lil1 for how she was eating her cheese.
Then Big1 got down from the table and started flying through the house, swinging herself in circles on the floor like a breakdancer and being LOUD (like ten times normal).
I asked her several times if there was someting wrong, if she was thinking about something, how school was... She either avioded it or said everything was "good"
MommyM called to do story time, Big1 crawled on the computer doing all she could to block Lil1's view. In the middle of her story, she started angry break dancing again in the middle of the living room floor again.
She came back to listen to the rest of the first story and actually sat for a few minutes. Then when we were changing stories, she ran away again and wouldn't come back.
As soon as the story was over, I made the exectutive descision that maybe we were all tired and needed to go to sleep so we didn't kill eachother would be more rested tomorrow. She RAN into the bedroom and lept onto the bed, before realizing that she had to pee, ran to do that and then started trying to swing from her bed just being LOUD.
I tucked both of them in and said their goodnnight loves and she whines that she only has one blanket, SO I pulled her blankets up from the foot of her bed and tucked her in. She chose to argue about something, and rather than being dragged into it, I told them good night again and sweet dreams and left the room. A few minutes later I got the normal I'm scared, which I responded to with, shut the hell up and go to sleep You're ok, I'm right out here in the livingroom, you're safe.
I haven't heard a peep since.


-T

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!