Sunday, August 08, 2010

You Are My Sunshine (without the creepy stalker parts)

Our sunshine goes to respite today for her first long stay. It is 5 days, and I have looked forward to it all summer. I have dreamed of the quite, the museums, the restful safe sleep.

This morning, as I watch all of her necessities being packed, my stomach turns. I see her little face drop. She is so sad and scared that this will be our last time together. I hold her and tell her that soon she will be back home, and missing all the fun that she will have without us, but inside I am screaming just cancel this whole deal! Her chaos is the beautiful a insane force that drives me out of bed each day, and pushes me to be a better person. Where will the sun come from? What if she gets too homesick.

Then I remember that this is amazing. My little RADish is saying that she will miss us. amd SHOWING it too. She is NEEDing us! It hurts right now, but it is just another chance for her to see that she will always come home to us. We will never leave...bittersweet.-MommyM

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!