Thursday, November 03, 2011

It's just another manic Monday Tuesday Wednesday

We're starting to think maybe we need something for the ADHD. That she has been dx'd with. We really aren't fans of the available drugs, and this poor kid is really on ENOUGH MEDS! I mean seriously, she takes a minimum of 13 pills a day, with no snacks, antibiotics, or non-life-or-death-type drugs.
I really feel like she'd on the verge of a mania attack some days. Now, I usually feel like ADHD is so over-diagnosed and over-drugged that it's a joke. It's just a doctor's way of letting parents feel like normal-kid-psychosis is something to be drugged into a near-coma and put on the sidelines until they've outgrown the fun-loving, playing, silliness of being a kid (and God-forbid they not be drugged out of puberty!). So... We've been parenting through it, riding the waves of Sunshine, and... I think doing pretty OK. But this kid. is. a little. nuts.
And 7-year-old-girl doesn't help because, well, 7-year-old-girls ARE NUTS! Add that onto RAD, possible real ADD/ADHD...
Or maybe it's just RAD.
Sigh... Or maybe it's just another Manic [enter day-name here]...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!