We did our Halloween activities early, so that we could find a way for Sunshine to interact with other kids. On the Friday before Halloween we took Sunshine to a haunted carnival put on by the MS society in Westy. She was a mummy. The cutest mummy EVER. There will be pictures coming.
When we arrived, and had her get into costume she was THRILLED! She saw all the other kiddos in their costumes and was in awe. We got in and she proudly collected get candy bag and thanked "The super cool pirate man!" The headed for the jump castle. After about 5 minutes of jumping, she came out, pulled off her mask, and informed me that "Mommies (mummies) do NOT like SWEAT." So we paused and had pizza and cider. Then she got a magic spider painted on her face, and ran off to try ring toss. The idea wea to get a rubber bracelet around a 2 liter of soda, and then you got to keep it. She did very well, but didn't quite get it. All the while wanting to see the haunted house sooooo bad that she could hardly contain herself, so we decided to give it a go, but NOT before getting a characture of the three of us from a super cool artist. Sunshine was social with the other kids, and kind, complimenting them on their costumes etc. There was one boy dressed as the scream with blood on his mask, and Sunshine was stuck on it, so she asked him if it was real and he explained that it was like paint. Her translation of that was "Mom, that boy has red sauce on his mask eeew spooky." It took a long time to get our drawing, and Sunshine was NOT amused that he made her look "Silly and pointy!," but she very politely tipped him and we went off to the haunted house.
In the haunted house, there was nothing to scary, but it was creepy. In the haunted carnival part there was a man pretending to eat babies (cabbage patches with fake blood on them), and Sunshine was like " Eeeeewwww! Mom that man put sauce on those poor babies!! Why??" We assured her that it was pretend and went on to an area where they offered popcorn and as you look over there was a fake body missing its head, and the guide explained that the popcorn was radioactive and made him explode. Then shot a basket with a fake head.Sunshine did great. Thanked everyone, and wished them all a great night.
When we got in the car, she said, " Uh Mom? Soooo... I am not so much a fan of haunted houses. Lets try that again when I am 10." I told her that was just fine, and we went out to dinner. We had a great night.
Saturday we took her to the new King Soopers market place where they had trick or treating, and she loved it. Plus we got to shop, so it was great.
_________________________________________________
School has been going so great! Yes, she has days where she would rather die then cooperate, but the fact is, she is ahead of her class in most things, and is really learning!!!! Now that we have a 504, on the days we she simply cannot regulate, or can only handle some subjects, it is ok to quit for the day! Huge sigh of relief there.
________________________________________________________
The other day we were taking Mommy T to the doc, and about half way there, Sunshine asked what we were doing all day. After figuring out that the day would be focused on mom, and then getting home before snow, she became violent. Out of no where. Kicking Ts seat and laughing maniacally, until we pulled in at the doctor and she saw how ill I looked (I have been having blood pressure issues and was not feeling well.) I went back to her and said calmly," This behavior is stopping right now. You are finding your calm, and making good choices. I am not feeling well, and we both need to be here for your mom today. Understand?" My Sweet little compassionate girl said,"Ok, I am sorry Mom's I will get my bad choices brain out." She then mimics pulling out her brain and stepping on it, replacing it, and walks in quietly to the appointment. She was polite and kind all day. She did ot even complain when given a peanut better sandwhich and pediasure (the non cooperation food) rather than the food that we had.. While eating she randomly says,
"So Mom, I know where babies come from..." "Where?" "Well seeee... first someone gets big bowl. Then then put in green goo, add some milk, get a GIANT spoon and stir and stir VERY carefully. Then pour it inside an egg, close it up tight so it won't leak. Put in in a girls food. Then she eats it and...BOOM! Baby grows. I read that in my science book from dad. Oh...mom... eat more eggs."
I tell her the truth and a few min later...
. "Uuuum ya sooo I am stickin with the eggs and goo in food and you can tell me that again when I am 8 or 10."
When we arrived, and had her get into costume she was THRILLED! She saw all the other kiddos in their costumes and was in awe. We got in and she proudly collected get candy bag and thanked "The super cool pirate man!" The headed for the jump castle. After about 5 minutes of jumping, she came out, pulled off her mask, and informed me that "Mommies (mummies) do NOT like SWEAT." So we paused and had pizza and cider. Then she got a magic spider painted on her face, and ran off to try ring toss. The idea wea to get a rubber bracelet around a 2 liter of soda, and then you got to keep it. She did very well, but didn't quite get it. All the while wanting to see the haunted house sooooo bad that she could hardly contain herself, so we decided to give it a go, but NOT before getting a characture of the three of us from a super cool artist. Sunshine was social with the other kids, and kind, complimenting them on their costumes etc. There was one boy dressed as the scream with blood on his mask, and Sunshine was stuck on it, so she asked him if it was real and he explained that it was like paint. Her translation of that was "Mom, that boy has red sauce on his mask eeew spooky." It took a long time to get our drawing, and Sunshine was NOT amused that he made her look "Silly and pointy!," but she very politely tipped him and we went off to the haunted house.
In the haunted house, there was nothing to scary, but it was creepy. In the haunted carnival part there was a man pretending to eat babies (cabbage patches with fake blood on them), and Sunshine was like " Eeeeewwww! Mom that man put sauce on those poor babies!! Why??" We assured her that it was pretend and went on to an area where they offered popcorn and as you look over there was a fake body missing its head, and the guide explained that the popcorn was radioactive and made him explode. Then shot a basket with a fake head.Sunshine did great. Thanked everyone, and wished them all a great night.
When we got in the car, she said, " Uh Mom? Soooo... I am not so much a fan of haunted houses. Lets try that again when I am 10." I told her that was just fine, and we went out to dinner. We had a great night.
Saturday we took her to the new King Soopers market place where they had trick or treating, and she loved it. Plus we got to shop, so it was great.
_________________________________________________
School has been going so great! Yes, she has days where she would rather die then cooperate, but the fact is, she is ahead of her class in most things, and is really learning!!!! Now that we have a 504, on the days we she simply cannot regulate, or can only handle some subjects, it is ok to quit for the day! Huge sigh of relief there.
________________________________________________________
The other day we were taking Mommy T to the doc, and about half way there, Sunshine asked what we were doing all day. After figuring out that the day would be focused on mom, and then getting home before snow, she became violent. Out of no where. Kicking Ts seat and laughing maniacally, until we pulled in at the doctor and she saw how ill I looked (I have been having blood pressure issues and was not feeling well.) I went back to her and said calmly," This behavior is stopping right now. You are finding your calm, and making good choices. I am not feeling well, and we both need to be here for your mom today. Understand?" My Sweet little compassionate girl said,"Ok, I am sorry Mom's I will get my bad choices brain out." She then mimics pulling out her brain and stepping on it, replacing it, and walks in quietly to the appointment. She was polite and kind all day. She did ot even complain when given a peanut better sandwhich and pediasure (the non cooperation food) rather than the food that we had.. While eating she randomly says,
"So Mom, I know where babies come from..." "Where?" "Well seeee... first someone gets big bowl. Then then put in green goo, add some milk, get a GIANT spoon and stir and stir VERY carefully. Then pour it inside an egg, close it up tight so it won't leak. Put in in a girls food. Then she eats it and...BOOM! Baby grows. I read that in my science book from dad. Oh...mom... eat more eggs."
I tell her the truth and a few min later...
. "Uuuum ya sooo I am stickin with the eggs and goo in food and you can tell me that again when I am 8 or 10."
I need moments like these. The make a sometimes terrifying and heartbreaking journey worth while.





lol
ReplyDeletewelcome back. Hope you continue to join.
ReplyDelete:P:P:P:P:P:P
ReplyDelete<3<3<3<3<3 :P
ReplyDelete