...thank heavens because i don't know if I could deal otherwise.
We got the call today that our "neighborhood" (totalling... a lot of square miles/acres of forest) is now on "pre-evacuation" status.
We have been in a hotel for a few days (had to get Sunshine away from the smoke) and the girls are sleeping on the floor in shiny new sleeping bags with super cute tiny "travel pillows"! They are s-t-r-e-s-s-e-d but handling it better than I know Sunshine would have even a year ago.
The best part:
THE ROOM HAS A BATH TUB!!!
The room has decent cable.
The town the hotel is in is one which I don't really know; from this weeks' experience, the people here are REALLY, REALLY KIND.
Shiny new sleeping bags and pillows.
I have renters insurance.
We might get some housing assistance due to our complex and not avoidable medical needs.
My service dog is REALLY GOOD and comforting to the whole family.
The not best part:
Our house might burn down...
We don't have a "backup house"
The hotel we're staying at has INCREDIBLY LOW reviews. They have been EXTREMELY kind to us and generous.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!