Wednesday, February 19, 2014

BabyJo

She is VERY VERY cute. Which is good for her because she just,,, walks into our apartment. Into the dogs barking and jumping and craziness. She smiles and says "Why you no here yedaday?' Them we play 20 questions, each responded to in her cute, squeaky voice, "Why?"
we had to go to the store to get groceries.
why?
because we needed food
why?
because we were hungry
why?
because we didn't have food
why?
because we ate it all
why?
because we were hungry
why?
because our bellys were empty
why?
because we were moving around a lot
why?
because that what we do
why?
because we want to live.
Why?
I dunno, BabyJo, I guess because it was time to eat
WHY?
why not, babyJo?
I dudo, you tell mbe, why?
sigh, look at that toy.

I almost think she actually wants to know why... Sounds like a two-year-old, right?
She's six.

Her 14-year-old sister usually shows up an hour or so later and asks hopefully,
Is BabyJo her?

I've never met their mother. They don't have phones.
They have our number, they know where we live, we think big sis may be doing "things' with the vagabond next door.

Here's our dilema: to call DHS or not to call DHS?
The whole thing feels.... a little off... For one thing, this young teen clearly isn't ready to take care of her little sister. SHE needs supervision.
But... they're dressed, they seem to be OK... just.... not up to our standards...
So... to call DHS or not to call DHS?

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!