Tuesday, October 14, 2014

This is a new one:

Wo-ow.
Our girls having a fairly (I think) NT battle!
I made the stupid choice to Go To The Bathroom without sending the girls to their rooms. I know better than this %95 of the time. I just *really* had to pee.
Sunshine started splashing water from her cup at Fe then started shooting food from her plate at her. (SS is almost 10)
Fe started to get *we'll say angry. Really angry" and then tried to get out of the situation. She took her plate and tried to go into the coat closet. (Fe is going to be 13 in March.)
Sunshine followed, taunting her big sister.
Sunshine splashed water on Fe.
Fe "hit" Sunshine with her fork. No, I don't know what force she used, just that there was no blood.
I came out of the bathroom and told both girls they were going to bed early.
This really (Really) ticked Fe OFF. She went to her bedroom and locked the door.
I sent Sunshine to the shower and called Fe to do her chores.
Fe took a big breath and yelled that first, very testing, defiant "NO!" (very toddler style "no" too... It struck me as more "cute" than anything else.)
When I turned around and said those two terrifying words, "Excuuuse me?" she started to chuckle in a very nervous way. I told her to move it and she went to work..
After both girls her showered, I had them sit on my bedroom floor and TALK ABOUT IT (can you imagine???) This basically involved Fe trying to make Sunshine and me feel guilty for everything Sunshine has done "bad" over the past three years and Sunshine saying Sorry and asking Fe to stop gossiping about her to Fe's friends.
I finally had enough of the "poor me" party and sent them to bed.
Now it's seven and both girls are tucked in their beds, sang to, and the house is quiet.
It was just surprising to finally get that big "no" from Fe. It's only taken her about two years, eight months to try it out with us.
If it had been Sunshine, I would have gotten a little more off-put, but this came from the frightfully perfect one. Is it wrong of me to see this as humor and progress and growth instead of simple defiance and disrespect?

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!