We met the children (2) who may be our first placement on Thursday, two ours after recieving the call that their foster parent (who ROCKS, having 7 children in his home!!!) needed a break, and would we babysit for free for twelve hours? "yes, we can do that."
So we picked them up at 8 am- ok, a quarter to 8, but we didn't want to be late- and took them to our home. P, the 18 month old, is adorable, and sweet and kept calling M "mom" then looking into her eyes and batting her eyelashes. She didn't say much to me other than "no." -the word of the day from what I heard while she was at home- and making goofy faces which I would attempt to mimic, which caused her to giggle. That child has amazing us of her eyebrow muscles, she may even make the Daddiny jealous! (Daddiny has eyebrow control that makes most other people jealous.) She can make M melt into a little puddle of goo.
A, the five month old, liked me from the get-go. I sat down in front of him and said "hi there" and he got bright eyes and grinned with all his little might. He wanted to be held, by me specifically, all day. I figured that would be good for bonding, so I threw on a wrap and wore him. then he peed through a diaper so we changed and then I put him in a sling. He drooled. He slept. He drank about 20 oz of formula, which didn't seem like enough... I don't remember how much little one's drink in a day. Anyone? And he pooped THREE times... That just isn't normal, I mean, seriously????? Not to be left behind, P went twice...
At the end of the evening, we gave baths (macaroni and cheese + pediasure = paste in P's hair). And put them in soft warm clothes, then ticked them into the van and brought them home.
They were cute, it was fun...
Parts of me wonder if we'd be good at this every day. Are we mature enough?
-T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!