Sunday, November 21, 2010

I really feel like she is getting the idea of being part of "family". She has chores here and they make it clear and simple that she has a part here. She's doing such "normal" RAD things, hiding her dirty clothes in the bathroom so that it's a mess for other people, backtalk, smart mouth, cold, scheming, manipulative... But at the same time, she gets the wood every time. (but, don't worry too much, she leaves the door open every trip.)
*********************************************************
This morning:
We were out of wood in the wood box.



This is a sad thing when it looks like (or we have been warned it will soon look like) this outside:


So, I warned her that it will snow later, and asked her to check the wood box and see if it needed filling.

So, she did, ("it's EMPTY, dayr's nofing. No wood."). I told her to get the toboggan we bought and fill it up with wood.

SHE DIDN'T ADRGUE.

She put on boots, gloves, sweatshirt, beanie, and dragged the sled to the wood pile.

She put wood in. the. toboggan.


She put more wood in.the.toboggan.


She put MORE WOOD in the toboggan!!!


She dragged the tobbogan to the house.

She really pulled her weight around from the look of things.


When she brought the second load in for me to stack, I asked her...
MT "What are you doing here Sunshine?"
S "I'm bringing the wood in here."
MT "Well, OK, but, uh, WHY are you bringing all this wood in?"
S "because it's COLD out 'dayr"
MT "Well, yes, it is. But how does the wood help things???"
S "acause I bring it in here and you put it in the box and 'den I get some pine cones and put 'dem in the bag and you start 'da FIRE and it's waaaarrrrmmmmm."
MT "oh, OK, that's a good idea! We work together like a family and then we can make a fire!"
S "and it gets warm in the house!"

Then she went for pine cones. These don't hold her interest for long, but the bag is full.

I think she feels good about the fruitful work...

...and the hot cocoa that comes after the fire is started doesn't suck either.


Or... Maybe it's just that tonight is a blue moon...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a stack of wood to be proud of, for sure. My kids have to bring in the wood, too, and there's always a good amount of grumbling but also a good sense of accomplishment.

    The moon was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome :) Way to go Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Good job Sunshine! It is awesome to see her be proud of something.

    ReplyDelete

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!