Monday, October 10, 2011

My genious moment.

I have found that I heart Quizlet. It is the simplest website, easy to use, fairly user friendly, and lets you do WHATEVER (when it comes to making flash cards and within reason... ya know) for....FREE!!!

Absolutely heart it!

So, aside from the math and phonics flashcards, I had a thought today...

I want to instill a few values in Sunshine . So I, well, ya know,
turned them into flash cards.

Including (but so not limited to...):
Side1: Side2:
Sunshine is caring. I am caring.
Sunshine is gentle. I am gentle.
Sunshine is good. I am good.
Sunshine is helpful. I am helpful.
Sunshine is honest. I am honest.
Sunshine is kind to animals. I am kind to animals.
Sunshine is kind. I am kind.
Sunshine is loved. I am loved.
Sunshine is loving. I am loving.
Now Sunshine is not ready to read the cards to herself. In fact, she doesn't want to read the "I statements" or have them read to her. But she will listen to the cards about this "Sunshine" person (of course I have her real name on her cards).
Funny thing, it kinda feels nice for the adults just say the "I statements" to themselves; ya know, I am caring, I am good, I am gentle, I am not going to throttle this mean child for her hatefulness, I am helpful, I am honest, I am kind, I am loved, I am loving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!