Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Post... New drugs... newsflash???

So it only took us two weeks of total spiral before she was in to the psychiatrist and psychologist. Both confirmed that she has PTSD and RAD...
(this is the newsflash....) MommaT opinion. They say PTSD is the primary concern and that RAD is secondary. I disagree. I think that she can't heal from the PTSD if she can't find a place where she is not in full S-T-R-E-S-S mode at all times. She's five. Part of not being in full blown stress at all times is being able to trust that there is someone who will meet her needs and protect her from herself. That will (theoretically, coming from someone who cannot wrap their heads around the books, and who has noticed a HUGE lack of local resources in the form of classes/seminars, and can't travel) help reduce the RAD.
I think that they are both at least equal and that they both need treated.
I also think I am grateful for a spouse who researches the books BEFORE she reads them and if they are books by crackpots who edit their data who fit their theories, she doesn't read them.

In any case, we are currently weaning from Guanfacine (Tenex), and in to Clonidine. Things I have noticed so far: The tablets are IMPOSSIBLE to cut in even halves, more less fourths (we will ultimately get 1/4 of a .1mg tab twice a day and the remaining 1/2 at night) and it takes three days to compound the medication into an (almost) immeasurable liquid...
oh yeah.... and she is no more willing to go to sleep.

She totally flipped her sh!t tonight when she heard that it was time for her bedtime story. It took an hour of holding her into bed to get her to calm down. And that was just to calm down. She then rested for two... maybe five minutes, enough time for me to leave the room, grab the trash, take it to the dumpster, and make it halfway back down the hall - before she was up and flipping out again.

She bites herself to get attention. We can't ignore it... but it feels like we should... but there's the county... ugh.

Finally, I just cut power to her room, turned on the siren, and walked out. Thirty minutes later, she's snoring like a chainsaw. No story and no song... but sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!