Not sure what to do.
One of our children is very passive.
One of our children is very controlling.
It's the same child.
Conversations Heard while playing:
"OK, so now we get to pick our animals and so how many do you want?"
="ten{because that's the number of the day, apparently}, or so, like maybe three."
"Ok, you want three, that's fine Ok OK, so and I want two. And sohm, OK, you can pick what three you want (K smiles and reaches for a horse) UHM no, I I I-I-uhm.. I'm sorry *smiles* I made a mistake. I mean I get to pick for you. *smirk* So, OK, you get--*"
(I pop in, because this has been going on for over an hour now.) "--* to pick the three freaking horses you want because that was what YOU said."
"Hrm YEsssss MAMAAAA. OK, so pick your horses."
In play there's a lot of "and then she say's ... (uses the horse to repeat herself) and then you say ... (waits for K to repeat her, speaking in the horse voice) OK, and {repeat with the next play line} and then I'm gonna go over here and your gonna go over there and... (more scripting/repeating}"
Then, later:
"OK, OK, so now you score them on a score of one to ten, and so what do you think their score is?"
="ten!"
"OKok, so now I mean...hmmm..., you gave them a ten but OK, so -I -I -I'm sooorry, I meant on a score of one to thirty and so I think there score is, yeah *smir-smile* it IS te-"
(at which point I announced "NO, you said the score was one to ten you do not get to change the rules in the middle of the game.")
"hrmph, yeah, OK OK so yeah, I guuuess I'll give him a ten toohmph *big smile*"
I'm trying to follow the therapists direction and let them find their relationship, but I don't think this which I'm hearing is OK. I think we actually have a little bullying going on here and it's not OK. I don't want it to continue and turn into a school bully situation in a year when we're learning away from home, around other kids.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!