Sunday, May 13, 2012

11:30PM

Sunshine started reading at 10:30 this morning. She missed two days of school this week so she had one that she had to make up. She cooperated for about... thirty seconds. Then she announced that she was not reading and we could not make her. Every time we tried to give up, she would want to read... finally, we caught on and decided to dig in. We Could. Not. Give. Up.
So she made MommyM cry and it was my turn. She was going to read that book. She wasn't going to sleep until she did the assignment.
Fe got a few extra freedoms today, and Sunshine a few less.
Finally (and by "finally" I'm referring to the three hours of Chinese water torture Sunshine had administered) she read all but the last 6 pages.
Then blow out city.
At this point it was simply a test of will.
Time out.
Re-group.
Feed.
DIG IN.
She yelled. She cried.
She blew snot.
She decided that her hand should live down her pants. (I'm thinking of issuing a new prescription in the near furture if things continue as they have the past week.)
I informed her that her life would not progress until she finished this book.
After much wailing and snot and wailing and wailing and... did I mention the snot and wailing?
At 10:00 she decided that she was tired and she was going to make us put her to bed.
At 11:00 she decided she was just going to yell and wail until I gave.
At 11:05 she figured out that I don't lose easily and opted to the scream and beg for sleep route.
At 11:20 she finally finished the stupid book.
11:30 she was changed for bed, yet, when I asked her if this was what she needed, she said "yeah but I don't like it" and so I asked her if it made her feel better that we wouldn't give up on her and we would make her do what she needed to do no matter what? She gave me a hug and nodded her head and said a very sleepy "yeah" Then she decided to throw another fit because I was sending her to bed instead of tucking her in (so that I could find my own bed and go to the freaking bathroom!!!), but she went and was asleep five minutes later.

Happy Mother's Day.
Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!