Friday, May 18, 2012

Fe is off meds.

Yay!!!
Someone tell me that this'll turn her brain back on??? Because, at this point, she flops around like wet noodle and has no sense of where her body is or what it's doing...
She runs like... I guess it's trauma? Elbows pulled in close, hands in fists against her breast (or pulled up the same way only out flat parallel to the floor), little, jolt-y stomps for strides, panting breaths, head cocked mostly to the side... she reminds me (and I'm not speaking sarcastically) of a specific(teenage) child with fairly severe autism back when I worked at a special needs school. She has his run.
I wish I knew how to help her more. She can't focus on anything unless it's exactly what she wants to do right this second.(Fe, it's time to eat... can I do X instead right now?.... and Fe, go feed the dogs... Yeah, so, I don't feel like it right now, I'll do it later if I feel like it. OK, mama?..... Fe, please use the restroom, we're leaving in a few minutes.... Mama, I don't want to. If I need to go you can stop for meee. Riiight? (NO. We live an hour from the nearest restroom go pee or you'll have to go in your pants and be sitting in a wet car seat until it dries. Bathroom. Now.)
I love her to death but... I'm telling you, some days she makes me want to love her to DEATH it really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!