When Fe went back for her session, that's what MommyM told me Fe's therapist, C, said when they were discussing how Fe is doing.
MommyM told C about the request for Lil1 to have an overnight Friday.
This week, I was at the edge of my phone's range (walking to the mailbox) and it was staticy, and I was walking with Fe, and it was brought up, and so... ya, I figured we'd make it work...(both of us are still not really sure what we have to agree to and what we don't have to agree to, and BF is really good at twisting things to get their way, and really good at shining people in a bad light) then got off the phone, processed what had just happened, and started panicking. I agreed to it on a falter (otherwise known as I wasn't expecting it and didn't know how to say 'no' to what could be an attempted trap and so I said 'yes' and then freaked out and was trying to figure out how to make it work).
When MommyM told her about it today, the therapist said "No. That is too much, too fast and Fe hasn't had enough of a chance to adjust to being back here and an overnight at this point would cause way more damage than any foreseeable good it could do."
C talked to Fe.
I had to call and tell BF that the therapist said that she wasn't ready for an overnight and it could be more damaging than beneficial and we would pick Lil1 up on Friday for an extra-long visit and let the girls have fun before we brought her back the same evening/afternoon instead. (which is only fair because I agreed to it in the first place.)
This was an acceptable cancel in my book, and I am grateful for it. I feel bad for agreeing to it in the first place. I should have known better. (Ok, I knew better. I was a little out of breath from the walk and was trying to hurry to get Fe on the phone and so I was off my game. Hate that.)
We are not doing the overnight this weekend, I'm not looking (or, honestly feeling)(as) bad, and the kids are still going to get a nice long visit.
And, yikes, this took me twice (or four times) as long as it should have taken me to type because my computer is forming it's own opinion(s) about where the next set of letters should be placed.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!