Friday, January 02, 2009

feild trip!!!

We went to the Denver Nature and Science Museum today! That was... fun...

Big1 started the day out CRANKY and bitter! She began throwing a major fit and if it hadn't been for ICWA, we would SO have stayed home!!! (ESPECIALLY once she informed me that she was "being a bad bad girl because she wanted to go somewhere *special* and have FUN!!!!") But, no, I really wanted to take her "to the place where there are REAL bones from REAL dead dinosaurs that are ex-stinked!"... So we did, and it was kind of fun.

She didn't know why we were there and since we paid the $80 for a family membership, from now on we will go to see one, MAYBE two things, and then see home! (chalk it up to a learning experience!)

She almost started to like the Space Station, in about two-second stints..... Spent a lot of time running ahead of us and being super rude to people we don't know. Pushing, grabbing bottoms of adults (that was a priceless face! - the woman who was groped, I mean!?!?*I'm sure that it cannot be, but I do think that for some reason, I have been GROPED BY A... what looks to be a FIVE YEAR OLD??!?!?!???*), whining, being defiant, competely ignoring us, you know, the usual...


Discovery zone was kinda cool, until the little snotty brats girls in the play area decided to be bossy and tell everyone to "get out of *their* dinosaur nest! So we played with bubbles and learned all about the parts of a human body from a VERY smart, good mommy who took the time to answer all of her own little girls questions and all of Big1's! (YAY smart mommy who isn't losing her voice!)

There were a few bright spots when she was contented (read, had the attention of BOTH adults at the same time), and I think she even accidently learned a few things... OOPS! There was a point when she was looking in the gem cases and she even asked a few questions. She was also interested in the indian stuff ("is that *my tribe*???). I took the opportunity to ask her if she saw any of that when she was on the reservation, and found out that the sweat lodge she's been to, wasn't on the reservation, but at *alleged abusers* house... hmm.

Lil1 started out really well today, frighteningly agreeable, as a matter of fact! She fell asleep in the car on the way down, then woke up and ate the fries (two or three, I never give them more) part of her food, then back asleep, then *look at cute me* when we got there... She was enamored by the pretty rocks and dutifully repeated "rhodoc-osite-ite", "amitist", "crowall", "tanzinia-ite"! Generally, melting the hearts of everyone who was offended by the Pushing One! She asked questions about EVERYTHING and listened dutifully listened when the volunteers told her about what she was inspecting.


Then, we saw the indians... Our three-year-old is terrified by anything that has to to with *her* tribe. She cried to be help and carried and told Mommy M "I don't want to go der!!" She was VERY relieved when told that she wasn't going anywhere right now... She even sat by the glass! (Don't be fooled, she won't look in the glass, but is instead, looking at her left shoe, placed as far away from the glass as she could get it!)

The giant amethyst was AWESOME for everyone!!! (Lil1 wants to live there!!)

I would LOVE to tell you there are lots more beautiful face pictures I can't post and I didn't almost TOTALLY miss the Dinos, but there is a special display up where they require you to put up your camera and I forgot to take it back out, plus, the lighting in there is NOT conducive to picture taking!... POO


-T

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!