Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sleep... I just need sleep...

I've had this problem for a long time, I can't sleep. It would appear the girls are compounding it, in that I managed to fall asleep around... Oh, two AM, and then the alarm goes off at seven to get Big1 to school.
It's not a big thing, we hang out, chat while she gets dressed, do her hair, make sure she's all bundled, then the neighbor shows up to walk to school with her (the kids are in the same class and the neighbor has to walk down three flights of stairs anyway)... This is a great plan, she goes out the door with an "I love you have a great day at school see you when you get home!" and I retreat back to my usually still warm bed.
Now, it's not so pleasant. Lil1 has started waking up just before her sister walks out the door. Lil1 also does not GO TO SLEEP until close to eleven PM... She will not take naps. She refuses to go back to bed when told "it's not time to be awake yet"...
She is exhausting. She is exhausting ME.
Plus, she is exhausting her big sister, who has to go to school. Poor Big1 today, couldn't get going. I asked her if she got enough sleep and she said, in the MOST pathetic voice EVER, "I tried, I really tried, but Lil1 won't be quiet and she jumps around and shakes the bed and she keeps me up and just lay there and pretend that I am asleep, but it doesn't work, she just keeps making noise and noise and noise and noise and noise..." then falls back onto the couch and sighs.

I'm thinking Lil1 needs to go to bed about two hours earlier so that she will have the two hours to wind down. It's not like a little 1-on-1 time would kill Big1 either...

-T (is for tired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!