Friday, January 30, 2009

Tired...

Big1 seems to be having a huge issue with the tireds lately. about 5:30/6PM, she starts to crack, her entire demenor changes, and she goes a little wild.
She was so happy to get her carseat tonight (she needs to be in a car seat because 1) our van has no shoulder belts in the rear, and 2) our van has low backs on the rear bench seat. We talked a lot about it and about how we want to make sure she is the safest she could possibly be, and that she is not really the most safe in our car for the reasons I listed above, plus, her new seat is just for her and she'll be more comfortable in it because there's a nice headrest and soft cushioning and LOTS of soft padding everywhere... then we had the money to order it three weeks after we started talks, so she was expecting it and dare I say, a little excited even!) then around 6, we were headed for dinner at Apple.bees, she switched, and when we got there, she demanded to unhook herself, and was told no, because we were not ready to have her out yet, and I wanted to know how secure it felt once she had been in it for a few minutes, and be sure it didn't loosten... She started fighting the seat with all she had, swinging at MommyT when she attempted to get close enough to release her, pushing on the harness, trying to pop it free, kicking at MommyT, etc. Finally, MommyT told her that she would wait until she was ready. That she would know she was ready because she would tell her "I'm ready now" and act ready. Big one kicked and fought the harness some more, then, when MommyT sat down in the drivers seat to wait, she yelled, "STUPID!" and started spitting all over the place (well, by all over the place, I mean she tired to spit three times but had all three attempts land on her lap, because the harness restricted her hoisting abilities). MommyT's response? (neutral, uncaring, factually toned) "Ewe, that's gross, now you have spit on you and your nice new car seat! I guess that wasn't the best choice." Big1 started fighting harder and kicking more, while grunting. MommyM got tired of waiting, and seeing that I was making NO progress in this situation, asked to intervene. MommyT got out to care for Lil1, while MommyM said whatever it took to make her chill so that we didn't have to go home and eat whatever I could throw together in as little time as possible so that both girls could go straight to bed.
She was moderately well behaved through supper, stayed in her own space for the most part, ate every last bite of her food, ate her dessert, waited for the check, went out, got back into her car seat, didn't complain when she had to wait to be freed at home, then...
When we got home, she was cooperative and changed into her pajamas, went potty, and got into bed, with hugs and "I love you"s for all, she was asleep within 15 minutes.
It's official, Lil1 must be in bed early enough to let Big1 sleep.
For all our sanity.


-T

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!