Monday, January 26, 2009

SILENCE!!! I keell you

Then we went to pick up Big1 from school, she had to wait in the car with MommyM while I went and grabbed Big1, this pissed Lil1 off too!
We reminded our whiney little monster and her big sis darling angels that we were going to CS... They became happy and chatty all. the. way. there.
Don't get me wrong, we love it when Big1 is in a good mood, when she's happy and cheery and ready to go... but damn, I was driving on (mom...) ICE, literally, and it was a whole 8 degrees Fahren(mom...)heit outside, and I was trying to (mom...)focus on not letting (mommy...) all the other (hey, mom, look...)idiots KILL (and, hey, mommy!)US... which actually takes some momcentration concentration on the first *real* snow day of the season. Mom looking is NOT a good idea when said mom is trying to focus on the big rig considering jack-knifing in front of us.
We get through town, and I turn onto the snow/iciest street in town, slide to a well planned stop at a stop sign, watch another car try to spin out, and announce calmly yet firmly, "MommyT is using her *whole brain* to drive safely right now. MommyT cannot use her *whole brain* to focus on driving if there is someone making her brain worry about using her ears. I want to keep up all safe, so I need everyone to sit and be very still and very quiet, so I can keep using my *whole brain* to keep this car on this road. OK?"


I hear "yes mommy" and the whole car goes silent.


FOR TEN SECONDS....


When....


I enter a school zone, complete with children and crossing guards....


and....


MOMMYM starts talking, to MOMMYT!?!?!?

I lift up a hand and "SHHHHHH!"

The car falls quiet again...

About a mile later, I am in a place where I can talk, "honey... I'm sorry I shushed you, that was just a REALLY SCARY point on our little trip and I had *just* asked everyone to hush! the girls were so good at keeping quiet! (whispers) and you chose just when they got quiet to start talking to me???"
I know, it's OK, you drove that really well, I'm sorry, will we be able to avoid that going home? (yes, I just went this way because I know how to get here from there and I'm not as sure of my turns on *main thoroughfare*, I know how to get back on *main thoroughfare*)

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!