A certain bigger little girl came into our room this morning with a sad expression. The bottom fell out of her top dresser drawer. Her shirts were falling out the bottom and... and... *and*
and this big little girl come over to me and curled into my lap.
"and I miss my GranmaY(hi yi yi hiiiii)....... and I only gotted to see her just once... and I miiiiiiisssssssssssss heeeeeeeeeerrrrr..... and she died" (more sobbing)
It started just the forced, no real tears, loud, heartbroken sobs.
Then I told her it was ok to cry and has she cried about GranmaY dying while she was at the children's home (no) and did anyone hold her and tell her it was ok to cry (no) and assured her that it is important to cry and even though GrandmaY died she still loves her forever and wants her to be safe and happy... and then the real tears started. And I remember back almost three years ago when a little six-year-old girl sat on my lap on the porch and cried all her tears out.
It looks like...
1)she's going to start to heal
2)she has never really mourned her Grandmother
3)this started good things last time so... maybe this time too?
4)she's starting to remember feeling safe.





No comments:
Post a Comment
HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!