Friday, February 17, 2012

We Are Safe

Let me just set the scene... We are all sitting at the dinner table, and for the second night in a row, Fe could not eat without a panic attack of itching and squirming and animal noises. I ask her why she is not eating and she says her carrots have pepper on them. I reassure her that it is not spicy(black pepper) and that she needs to try one. She reluctantly tries one and sees that I am not deceiving her and continues munching. I ask, " Why are you afraid to eat spice?" She tells me that she was made to drink it for no reason. LMS chimes in with " Ya, I had a mom that made me eat hot sauce and take cold showers and hit my but alot, she did not take care of me so I came here." Then Fe said, My aunt hit my butt with a fly swatter and those hurt so bad and I got a black eye and I don't like getting pulled by my hair." So LMS said, " It's ok Fe, moms don't hurt us here. They keep us safe and love us forever."

My heart breaks for Sunshine and my Butterfly (Fe), but OhmiGawd!! LMS told Fe WE ARE SAFE!!!! That we LOVE THEM FOREVER!!!! WINNING!!

The girls are both working VERY hard to help each other, share and play together. We have a long road ahead, but through love and hard work, I think we can all heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!