Friday, February 03, 2012

So, when do you guys get a break?

Asks the social worker, as Sunshine is ramping herself up for a pre-blood-draw meltdown...
We trade off fielding with smiles and hugs and tickles and distraction.

In my most cheerfully-tired and burnt-out-smiling-mom voice, I answered with more, I think, of a question, all that I could say was "Oh... Yeah... Well... MommyM was in the hospital for a few this summer and Sunshine spent a lot of the time with her uncleT? But, I mean, it's not like we abandoned her there, we talked to her every day and had visits and so yeah, that was a break?!?"
It took me a while to understand the slight head tilt of pity I think we got.

Then we got results and the news that her PFTs were not as good (93% vs 98%, I think) and got a new vest ordered which the company was calling about before the appt was over and was delivered the next day!
They still say she looks great but, as a mom, I have to worry because she's lost 1.5lbs since Sept, when I don't remember what clothes she was wearing so I don't know if that was a factor. And she's got this cough and they are putting her back on azithro, for a year. Which is just another antibiotic to build resistance to.

1 comment:

  1. CF is up and down, for sure... Just for Sunshine today, here's the CF Check Up Happy Dance:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wdkNoAL7zQ&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!