Thursday, February 09, 2012

Process this.

The song of the day seems to be
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter..."
(Kelly Clarkson)

It's played I think fifteen times when I've been in radio range. It was just what what we needed to hear when someone was throwing a loud, messy, fit in the T@rget because I walked away from the shoes that were kicked at me while walking down the main aisle instead of picking them up.

"Ya, so, we were hoping to do a nice transition, but... well, I don't think anyone can really afford to do a long, slow, state to state transition so if the judge approves this placement, we would like to do a goodbye ceremony {where she is currently living} the next day but you take her to the hotel with you after court."
Let me help: custody starts when the "gavel hits the bench".
Happy freaking Valentine's Day Mommys!!!

She knows she WANTS to "go home" but won't really even know about the possibility until she is in court with us on Tuesday. I don't even know if she knows we'll be there.

Sunshine is... regressed right now. She's throwing toddler fits and cooing like a baby (about 18/24-months-old) and giggling that mind melting baby giggle when she gets tickled while walking through the store. She is really, really, really afraid that she won't get our attention, and (I think) that we might stop loving her. Oh, and she misses her dad. Who, she called by first name a few times today instead of "Daddy". (I guess that counts as progress?)

In great likelihood this time next week we will be the proud parents of a (three weeks shy of) ten-year-old cat and (today) an 18-month-old RADish.

we leave Monday morning.

MONDAY MORNING people!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thrilled for you all! Happy Valentines Day indeed! It won't be easy, but we'll be here listening and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!