Friday, June 04, 2010

Day 6 - who woke up on the right side of bed????


Synopsis:
10 hugs a day
10 minutes of FUN attachment-inducing games (involving touch and/or eye contact)
20 minutes of doing something fun YOUR CHILD wants to do (CDI, child-directed interaction).

Hugs:5 7(forgot about bedtime) Ok, I didn't reach my goal, but she spent a whole day with me, almost, and she spent a lot of time with me cuddling, in one LOOOnnnng hug. Later, she tried to bite my breast when I reached out to hug her.
A-I - talked about how everybody has feelings and a lot of them can happen all at once. She can be happy and sad and scared and angry and that is OK. got lots of great pictures that I can't share. ***
CDI - 20 minutes, blocks.

Brilliant idea of the day (which will only be brilliant for one day):
Sunshine. We are leaving the house today so that tomorrow we don't take you to social services and leave you there because we are going what is called "stir crazy" and getting what is termed "cabin fever", which can lead people to KILL in extreme circumstances like having a child with RAD, PTSD, FAS and sleep deprivation and will not come home until we are ready regardless of the choices you make. I will make the necessary changes in your freedom to keep everyone safe. We are not going home until WE are ready and YOU will.not.change.that. Now - Choose a good day!" (crazy mom smile :D )
It worked for half of the day. Really well actually. Then she decided she wanted control of what was going on. In M@d Greens, she threw things and started running around, I caught her, put her in a high chair. She tried to escape, I used the fact that she was still in the harness for her ez on to hook her into the chair from behind. She started using the table to tip the highchair perilously close to falling. I put my foot through the front and stepped on the chair without halting my conversation or interrupting my salad. She spent fifteen minutes SCREAMING "PEN1S...PEN1S PEN1S PEN1S... PEN1S PEN1S... PEEEEEN11111S" in the restaurant. I became selectively deaf and immensely grateful that the place was empty save the employees. She started "choking" and "coughing". I glanced out of the corner of my eye, saw she was faking, and ignored her. She started spitting. I let it run down her chin and land on the table. She started pulling her hair out. I took both of her hands in one of mine, and kept eating. Only when I finished my meal did I acknowledge her fit. She said she was going to pee on the floor. I picked her up, took her to the bathroom, put her on the toilet, and turned the water on. She was mad when it worked. She and I then wiped down the table, picked up the trash, and apologized for her behavior. Put her back into the car and went to the HUB to drop off a birth certificate, went to two bead stores, I even went into one with her in the sling, hand fed her dinner while MommyM was in the store (LMS couldn't be trusted not to throw it at me and the floor), and then stopped and got MommyM food. Finally WE were ready to go back into the cave home. She got her meds, did her vest, got her story and cuddles, and tucked into bed. WE had a fairly good day. I think she found it stabilizing that she didn't control the world today. I know I sure did.


***The total number of days between Friday, June 4th (today), 2010 and Thursday, July 22nd, 2010(adoption finalization) is 48 days.
This is equal to exactly 1 month and 18 days.
The total time span from 2010-06-04 to 2010-07-22 is 1,152 hours.
This is equivalent to 69,120 minutes.
You can also convert 48 days to 4,147,200 seconds.

In the mean time:

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!