Saturday, June 05, 2010

Day 7 - so far, so good WE MADE IT!!!


Synopsis:
10 hugs a day
10 minutes of FUN attachment-inducing games (involving touch and/or eye contact)
20 minutes of doing something fun YOUR CHILD wants to do (CDI, child-directed interaction).

HUGS - 5 7
AI - baby bottle of pediasure complete with burping, eye contact, and snuggles ("I nebver get deese cuddles")
CDI - 20 blocks.

Sunshine gets REALLY ANGRY when you hit close to what is actually going on in her little brain.
----------------------------
We're building a town with the blocks. There are houses, a school, and roads. LMS builds a police station, a bus depot, and a fire station.
LMS starts collecting large blocks. She builds a wall.
"LMS is building a wall around the emergency centers" yeah
She builds the wall higher. "LMS is building a really big wall that no one can see over. yeah. I don't want anybody to get in
"LMS is really protecting all of the safety elements of the town."
She builds the wall thicker. "LMS is really worried about people getting in to the emergency systems."
She builds her second wall layer higher. "Wow. LMS is really working hard to protect the heart of the city. It's going to be really hard for anyone to get close." yeah. I don't want anybody to come in and break things. I have to keep this part safe.
"LMS really wants to protect these areas."
She builds her wall six bricks thick and three bricks high, there are no openings. All of the vehicles are pressed together with their respective buildings.
She sticks a cylinder out of the police station and puts a square on top.
is a scope so I can see what's going on out there "LMS uses her eyes to see the rest of the world while she is hiding inside of her fortress. No one can get in, but she can see what is happening outside. She uses her periscope to make sure no one gets close to her fortress."
She scowls.
The timer rings.
She has a meltdown. For forty minutes.
----------------------------
The rest of the day actually went AMAZINGLY well!
VG Burger in Boulder is possibly the BEST food I have had in a loooong time.
Sunshine made it through the meal like a NORMAL five year old... a little limit testing, but no food throwing, no obscene language, no violence!!! I recognize that this is probably a one-time fluke event, I am just grateful that we got it this time.

Vegan food that I didn't have to make and tasted better than anything I would have thought of? GREAT reward after this challenge!!!


I have learned that I need to do playtime with LMS. It is best done first thing in the morning before I am tired and worn down from the constant drip of "no" "I hate you" "bad/mean" defiant, manipulative, sneaky, RADness of it all. We give hugs all the time, but not ten a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!