After, we went out to lunch. At a restaurant. She got to pick exactly what she wanted in her food. Well, I wouldn't let her pile on the jalapeƱos. She got to (mostly) pick the seasonings (again, no Mongolian extra-hot fire sauce.)
It was a pretty full plate. She ate all but a few bites of it.
Then... we walked to the middle of the block and let her change in a store's restroom, then about an hour of play at a local art/water fountain area.
She was a little tired when we finished. I was a little worried about how the rest of the day would go (remember, we finished a course of pred. recently). She was a little weary when we we did her vest when we stopped by the house to take Jackson outside but she managed to hold it together well enough that we felt we could safely leave.
MommyM has been wanting to go to several movies, but we have missed all of them for various reasons (read, same sh!t, different days).
We stopped and grabbed a sandwich for LMS. and then we went to see Toy.Story3.

I don't feel qualified to analyze it for other kids with RAD/PTSD. What I will tell you is that there are toys who are donated to a day care. Like most daycare centers, some toys have better lives than others (i.e. the ones who end up in the toddler room vs. the ones who end up in the kindergarten room) and one of them is... NOT.HAPPY.ABOUT.IT. and has some deep emotional scarring because of it, which leads to him shoving his way to the top of the toy pile, as it were, and making the other toys not like him very well, but follow his orders and pretend to like him. He ends up being tied to the grill of a garbage truck with a few other toys from the driver's childhood. (He is told by one of the other toys that he might want to keep his mouth closed to avoid bugs in it.)
There is talk about how kids outgrow the daycare/classroom and new ones come in, so there is no one child to be attached to, you know everything is going to be different soon, so no hurt when they're gone. (It's said something like 'you don't belong to anyone, so it doesn't hurt when they leave you' or something similar. -struck me as a very RAD midset.)
The TS regulars, of course, end up being given to a little girl who is kind and caring with them. A poor synopsis. May or may not be helpful.
In any case, I cried when Mom went into Andy's empty room and looked around at the boxes labeled "college" and that freaking mattress with no sheets on it. So did a good 95% of the other adults in the room.
LMS loved it. She talked about how the toys were not being nice and even mentioned a few feelings. She didn't seem fazed by the fact that the toys were leaving their home and moving to another, but was happy they weren't staying in the daycare, and that they would have someone to love them.
MommyM told her her bedtime story on the way home since it was an hour past her bedtime. When we got inside, she got her pajamas and went potty, bedtime meds, and a sip of water. I tucked her into bed while singing her song.
I tucked her in, she snuggled up, closed her eyes, sighed, and smiled when I kissed her forehead, saying, "Thank you. I love you too Mommy."
Did you notice???
I hadn't said "I love you" yet.
I told her I love her very much and snuggled her blankets around her. She hasn't made a peep all night.





Cool. :) Very cool.
ReplyDelete