Officially enrolled in "public home school" (COVA).
Money spent on school supplies: I've stopped counting. (This includes basics like pencils and paper, PT-, OT-, and Art- therapy supplies, several sizes of felt boards, edhelper, and other such things
Time spent trying to convince the child that I.don't.care.if.she.spends.the.rest.of.her.life. trying to convince me that "t" is, in fact, "t": about four hours, (I was "working on my computer" after about fifteen minutes because even I can stare boredly out of the top of my glasses and scramble the same seven letters until she returns to work).
The time spent making additional school things to help her learn: three or four hours so far.
The absolute beauty of hearing (after handing her a word card and saying "see if you can figure it out while I am in the bedroom") "C-A-T... cuhaaaatuh c-a-t is CAT I read CAT C-A-T is cat I-read (total shock kicks in) IreadcatI'msohappywithme! I readed cat! MommyT I readed a word I readed C-A-T! Cat! Cat! Cat! I want to tell Grandma and Grandpa and DaddyJ and my Aunt in Caforna (which is California, Aunt Amy, to be specific) and and...and I read CAT and and I am SO PROUD!!!" and then hearing her get on the phone and say "Grama I read c-a-t CAT!!!": priceless.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Labels:
everyday life,
fun stuff,
school days,
Sunshine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!