Thursday, July 01, 2010

Three times in under two weeks?

Sunshine seems to be losing control of her bladder. So today, at the request of het psych, we took her in for an EKG and urinalyses.
She wet her pants (the third time in two weeks) right before she started to change to go to the doctor.
Her pee looks clean, but the fact that she is wetting her pants, and doesn't appear to be aware of it until it gets to her knees, is concerning. So they're growing it for a few days. (It's pretty odd to think that normal, healthy pee is sterile and won't grow bacteria when left sealed in a sterile dish.)
In the mean time, no antidepressant. Which makes sense, but at the same time, Sunshine said that she has had a seizure before, and described what she felt like before and after and where she was when it happened. So, I can't attribute it to the antidepressants.
I'm worried about her. I'm a little scared and I don't like admitting it. I don't like things being completely out of my control. I almost always have at least a little control in the things I worry about. But not this. Do.Not.Like.
Tomorrow will be a very busy day.
PCIC at 11, respite is scheduled for 1230 to 530, but we have to leave for the baseball game around 4 which means pick her up around 330, so I'm not sure it's worth it.
All in all, she handled the doc appt well. There was a v@g exam to be sure she didn't have any discharge issues, the heart test, plus all the "normal" (read, "where's the rest of this appt?") check up stuff, plus checks on various bruises from her tumble at respite last week, scary looking bug bites, and a raised eye brow at a particular bruise on her thigh that is making us raise our eyebrow.
It's really special that it takes three people to clean a baby's rear when they poo... but it's a good thing we do it... (the three, of course, being: the baby, the mommy, and the supervising mommy for CYA).

Plus, we have a WHOLE new thing that we are considering and while my gut instinct is "heck no, no way, not a chance" (which is my initial gut instinct with almost every...most many things) but my brain is saying "...but maybe... it could work. It could possibly be good... we might actually succeed." And it won't shut up. (which usually only happens when there's something brewing up there I don't know about yet.) And that's odd for me. My brain and my gut usually agree with each other. So I WE may have a WHOLE NEW THING come up soon.

Oh yeah... did you see we are counting down and we're down to THREE WEEKS!!! That's only 21 days. Until whenIF our kid has...I don't know... a seizure! and all we want to do is hold her and rock her and focus all our attention on her - we don't have to call five people first and then call them again after she's been checked on to tell them she's okay. (Which REALLY peeved us off yesterday. I mean, seriously? A little worried about OUR KID right now.)

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed on the EKG and UA results. 20 days 8 hours as I post this- Keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!