Sunday, July 11, 2010

One Year Ago I Saw The Sun (a blog in two posts - don't forget to read MommyT's side too!)

I cannot believe it has been a year already since our little girl moved in. This past year has had its ups and downs, but I would not change a thing... ( Ok, so maybe less ducking and running, but " What ev"). It has taken the entire year, but we are finding a groove. She is modeling, she is showing unprovoked appropriate affection (wow, that was a lot of necessary adjectives). She is really starting to feel secure enough to process trauma. It is terrifying beautiful. No, really I am thrilled that she is pulling through.

11days 10 hours 3min from now... It is all us... We have already begun this new fangled thing called d-e-c-i-s-i-o-n m-a-k-i-n-g. I think that's what they call it. Well we are doing it, and our first call is home school. It is the scariest best plan. I am actually excited to teach her. I really think it will help with the bonding while she works through the meat and potatoes of trauma, and we will still have respite.

We had a great day today. We opted not to mention the anniversary, but rather, to spend it celebrating silently with each other. LMS and I played learning computer games while Mommy T showered, and then went for frozen yogurt and a baseball game. Fun was had by all, and the only incident was actually kind of funny. LMS takes a drink, at the baseball game, and gets too much in her mouth. Can you all guess how she responded? Please I welcome your answers...

Mommy M

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, all of you! You're building a lovely (sticky, screamy, trauma-processing, therapeutic, CF-managing) family!

    ReplyDelete

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!