She worked really hard to push both of us AWAY. She only wanted to be around Jackson. She went out back (to the porch) and tried to coax poor Jackson out but he clearly didn't want out and didn't feel like following her. After a few minutes, I told her he was not allowed to go out side. She threw a fit stormed into her room after throwing a t-ball at MommyM's head.
At dinner, she talked about how much she didn't like the food MommyM cooked (while eating it all). She responded with "AANNNd????" and "yeah, SO?" and "blah, blah, blah" and eye rolls and neck shakes (shrugs? whatever...). She pointed out Ev.ver.ry.thing. she could fine that was less than perfect - there are spiders on the porch (we live accross the street from a huge field and a big sports park, about 1/4 mile from the start of the farmland that spans from Larimer to Weld counties and North to Wyo, I believe. OF COURSE THERE ARE SPIDERS -inside too!), There are dogs outside, there are people outside, "your house {criticism, ad nauseum}", and on and on.
She has also started with this new (for us) thing: S:"I HATE you."
Us:"Stop. Enough with the attitude and the I hate you's. Keep it up and you will go to bed early."
S:"ugh, IsayIhateyouandyousayIloveyouevenwhenIsayIhateyouandthen...(undecipherable)"
Us:"how about you lose the attitude and the hatefulness and realize that telling everyone you hate them is not okay. Then you won't be in trouble for your mouth."
Finally, we called her out. MommyM "Sunshine, why are you trying so hard to tell us that nothing here makes you happy? It's like you think something is going to happen to you. Have you been listening to MommyT and I talking?"
Sunshine "No, what were you talking about? Leaving? Going away?"
MommyT, "Sunshine. I don't know what you've been listening to, but I think you have been eavesdropping. You (big smile)-Sunshine-. You. are stuck. with us. This? is your house. You said *our* house has spiders -very pointedly, I might add.- Sunshine, If *ouuuuur* house has spiders, then *yooouuuur* house has spiders because our house is your house. Forever. Whether you like it or not. You are stuck with us. Period. Cope. And if I were you, I would start making less sucky choices because forever is a long time to spend in your very boring, but very safe, bedroom. And besides, *I* like baseball, swimming, movies, new clothes, yummy food, Jackson, Muppet, Dale, geocaching, and all the other things we get to enjoy together, as a family. If you don't like those things, please, keep with the attitude and the disrespect, because those things are what the current choices are going to start costing you."
Both she and MommyM looked at me like I had grown a second and third head. But the behaviors reduced, although resentfully.
Last night's fireworks were postponed because of unrelenting rain. SO I thought that maybe we could take LMS tonight. (stupid me.)





No comments:
Post a Comment
HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!