Thursday, July 22, 2010

pre-hearing:

Evil lawyer met in 2008: is less evil. Ok, so, really, he probably had just given up fighting for the girls because, well, remember my feelings about ICWA (it's icky). He's been really good to Sunshine and vows to continue to be there to help support our family in any way he can, including giving pro-bono legal advise.
I spent the entire 20 minutes before the hearing making small talk with him. Because no case worker would be stupid enough to DARE interrupting a client talking to their attorney. (Sunshine just happened to be in a very snuggling-on-my-shoulder mood).

Caseworker: One word. One fake smile. "hi." then I continued (very "deep" -aka meaningless) conversation with anyone not county.
Oh wait, I'm wrong, two words, she said 'congratulations blah blah blah', I said, "thanks." and hugged our daughter closer.



Couldn't mark this as fun or not because, well, it was fun for me to make it as not fun for her to be there as it was for us to have her there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!