Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2 AM

Clap

clap clap

...
clap clap

clapclap

clap

clap clap

clapclapclap

I get out of bed and (clap) open her door

"LMS, What, exactly, are you doing? More importantly WHY?????"

"You're not checking on me. I was awake and you're not checking on me."

"Child of mine, I check on you five times a night. If you need something, tell us. If you're scared, tell us. If you had a bad dream, tell us. Are any of those the problem?"
"no"
"You don't get in trouble for getting out of bed, so don't just lay there making noise if you actually do need us. It's bed time. We love you. Go to sleep."

2:40
CLAP

"LMS, Go to bed."

4 AM
"Mommyyyyyy? I have to -uh - can I -"
"Go pee, LMS"
(to MommyM in a whisper - "should I give her more melatonin?" M"I think, yes.")
I go out to the kitchen, and LMS follows me.
"Can I have...."
Looks around the kitchen
"a cookie"
"LMS, you don't get sugar before bed, and hardly ever otherwise, I am not giving it to you in the middle of the night."
"an ensure"
"it's bedtime, not snack time"
"Whatcha getting me?"
"LMS, why are you awake?"
"I don't know." (anyone thinking of Bill Cosby here? because she actually said it like that)
"here, take this" pop a pill in her mouth and follow it with water
"hee hee, thank you mommy"
"I love you child. Go. To. Sleep."
I tuck her in, all is quiet...

10 AM

crap.
It's 1o am and her bus comes in a little over an hour. She's still asleep. I don't want to wake her up. She was up all night.
I'm giving her until 10:3o.

MommyT

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!