Sunday, May 09, 2010

Ok, LMS, so have a fit now.

"NOOOooooo" fake sobs, runs away, dives over the blanket chest
I pick her up off the floor. "I want this to be a really big one, LOTS of kicking and hitting the door, scream as much as you can. I'm going to put the hook on your door for maximum bang-ability. I'll see you in 15 minutes." MommaT drops her in the middle of her room and does as promised.
"NOOOOooooo!! I don't WANT to throw a fit" BANG BANG BANGBANGBANG.
This continues for about seven minutes.
"Moooom I have to go pee."
"Ok, finish your fit first, pee your pants if you want to, this is your fit time."
BANG BANG BANG BANG SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM "SCRRREEEEEAAAaaaaeeeeech"
another seven minutes of this and everything goes quiet.
"Okay Sunshine, I want to hear two more big slams, then I'll open the door."
"But I don't want to slam anymore..."
OK, I'll do it.
I slam the door twice while releasing the hook, and open it.
LMS is waiting by the door jam, "Thank you mommy. I don't want to throw a fit anymore." She gives me a big hug.

Our daughter is weird, Lisa is a genius. Prescribing the fit seams to kinda be working. Every hour on the hour, fifteen minutes.

1 comment:

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!