Sunday, May 30, 2010

I will not enter into this with a positive attitude. *updates

I have to go buy a new car restraint system. She tore the foam out of the headrest. She "wants to cause a car accident like she did with B because she thinks that's a good thing" (AKA, I want to blow out. I blew out of B's when I unbuckled my car seat - ignore all the abuses she gave me - maybe if I make you get into an accident, I'll go back to B)! We are buying an EZ-on child restraint. Get out of that! She will be LATCH locked to the car at the hip and the shoulders, with a crotch strap. And it will contain her up to 120lbs. I really hope we don't need it that long... but it will!

Oh, and she has a cough. Complete with yellow/brown phlegm for her to spit in the car. We're still on antibiotics. But yellow means virus, and virus means antibiotics are useless. Useless antibiotics means we are giving her drugs that she DOESN'T need and that means that when she does need them, they may be less helpful. Because we started giving them, we have to finish the course or risk building a resistant strain of something in her system. Can.Not.Win.


Synopsis:
10 hugs a day
10 minutes of FUN attachment-inducing games (involving touch and/or eye contact)
20 minutes of doing something fun YOUR CHILD wants to do

So far:
She's been up for three hours was out of bed(room) for 10 hours, no naps, no time outs, no peeing on the floor or people.
playtime:check - throwing a plastic bowling ball to the plastic bowling pins/corner of the wall
hugs: 4 6 13
let her pick out her clothes: check
puking with positive parenting talk: doubletriple-check.
ai games: patty cake, don't look away, sequence jr. (w/ high-fives and eye looking across the table.)

We cannot really go anywhere because SHE BROKE HER CAR SEAT YESTERDAY. Still, all in all, an easy day. But, like I said, we did dot leave the house.
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! We're so glad you came to share with us!
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions!